Lionel Messi plays with a purpose to become the world’s best
Barcelona superstar Messi declares that he plays football for his team, then the fans and not to be the best footballer of game history. The 24-year-old sensation continued his incredible scoring streak to reach the 50 goals tally in 43 games this season. His extraordinary strike rate puts him 5 goals away from equalling Barcelona legend Cesar Rodriguez’s all-time club record of 235 goals but Lionel Messi remains aloof and refutes that he plays with a purpose to become the world’s best.
I am not setting any deadlines to do it, and I don’t play to be the best footballer of all time. I just play football to do things well, and my first aims is to play well for team then for the people and then for myself, and I feel extremely good when things work out for me. He has achieved three-Ballon d’Or award.
Messi remains humble in the face of the all compliments. It’s a beautiful and satisfactory feeling that colleagues from other clubs talk about me in this manner. I really thank them. When asked him who the most important figure was for the first team, himself or Guardiola, Messi’s replies Guardiola is more important than I am for Barca. From the moment he arrived he changed everything for us. He’s won everything and for me Guardiola has been elementary in this FC Barcelona project. We want Guardiola to continue for everyone’s good. It would be very tricky to find another manager that can achieve what he has, what he is won and how he is made this team play.
- Cesc Fabregas: Lionel Messi deserves all the applause
- Lionel Messi: Ballon d’Or award gives me as much happiness as the first
- Carlos Bianchi: Lionel Messi is the best ever in history
- Pele: Messi has to matched his accomplishments
- Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi shortlisted for the 2011 FIFA Ballon d’Or
- Pele: Neymar better player than Lionel Messi
- My dream is winning the America’s Cup
- Ibrahimovic prove himself to be world’s best footballer
- Pep Guardiola feels the real pain of defeat